- Unless agreed by us in writing, payment is required upfront and in full at the time of booking by Visa, Mastercard, American Express, bank transfer or cash.
- We reserve the right to hold a token linked to your payment card until your departure. See Privacy & Data.
- Payment for ferry travel is required upfront and in full at the time of booking, prior to issuing the ticket.
- If you booked through a third party agency or website (i.e. Booking.com) payment terms are as listed on your confirmation from them.
- All persons occupying the accommodation over 2 years of age must be paid for – by means of not exceeding the capacity the accommodation allows.
- We reserve the right to refuse your booking, without a refund, if you arrive with additional/undeclared persons.
- Goods and services remain the property of Isle of Wight Hotels Ltd until such time that your booking balance and account have been settled.
- We reserve the right to cancel/suspend your ferry travel and/or impound your assets (including vehicles) if your booking balance and account are not settled; including fees, extras, damages and unreturned keys.
- Reservations are non-amendable however:
- You are welcome to add additional rooms and/or guests to your reservation, just get in touch.
- If we have availability we may be able to change the dates of your reservation – get in touch.
- If we booked your ferry travel, and you wish to amend your sailing times, you must contact us. The ferry operator cannot liaise with you.
- We reserve the right to charge an admin fee for amendments.
- Only the lead person/guest can make amendments to a reservation.
- If you booked through a third party agency or website (i.e. Booking.com) amendment terms are as listed on your confirmation from them.
- If you wish to amend your reservation booked via a third party agency or website please contact them.
- Your cancellation policy is stated on your booking confirmation.
- When booking for Sandown Hotel directly, we offer ‘Cancellation Cover’ which will allow you to cancel for any reason up to 12 days prior to arrival and receive a 90% refund. Reservations within the 12 days are non-refundable.
- We recommend you take out your own travel insurance at the time of booking.
- If you wish to cancel your reservation made on our website or over the phone please get in touch.
- Only the lead person/guest can cancel a reservation.
- Ferry travel is non-refundable.
- If you booked through a third party agency or website (i.e. Booking.com) cancellation terms are as listed on your confirmation from them.
- If you wish to cancel your reservation booked via a third party agency or website please contact them.
- We stress that if you are not happy with an aspect of your stay this must be raised to the duty receptionist during your stay and not after you depart; this gives us a chance to resolve any issues which may arise.
- If you wish to submit a formal complaint please use the contact form or write to us at 1 Culver Parade, Sandown, Isle of Wight, PO36 8AS. We will endevour to respond within 7 days.
- The lead person/guest must be present for check-in, and must have with them the payment card used and photo ID.
- Your accommodation is valid from 16:00 on the date of arrival until 10:30 on the date of departure.
- We reserve the right to charge a fee for early check-ins and late check-outs.
- The total number of persons coming with you, including children over 2 years, must not exceed the capacity the accommodation allows. Please check your booking confirmation carefully for this information.
- Infants or children under 2 years must have a cot. We can provide one for you, with 24 hours notice prior to your arrival, or you must provide your own.
- At least one adult (18+) must occupy the accommodation.
- Children under the age of 16 must not be left unsupervised in the hotel at any time.
- We do not accept stag or hen groups.
- Our team will not and do not accept poor, rude and/or abusive behavior; you will be asked to vacate the accommodation.
- We want your visit to be enjoyable for everyone. We will ask you to leave immediately, or at the earliest opportunity, if we feel you may spoil another guests’ stay or cause a disturbance.
- Smoking and vaping is not permitted anywhere on the property.
- When using the complementary Wi-Fi facility you must agree and adhere to the terms and conditions in place.
- The hotel has in place, and will maintain, a public liability insurance policy.
- The hotel is licensed to sell all intoxicating liquor.
- We will provide you with a VAT invoice upon request.
- Although we cannot accept responsibility for personal belongings, small possessions / valuables can be stored in the hotel’s safe on request.
- CCTV is used in public areas for your safety and our security.
- We will record accidents and report to the HSE if required.
- We review and update our risk assessments annually. Available to view on request at reception.
- We have two first come, first served car parks – one on-site and one off-site. Cars are parked at their owner’s risk.
- We will provide the facilities as advertised. If there is a change or temporary stop on a facility we will give you notice.
- If we booked your ferry travel, we will inform you if the ferry operator has changed your sailing times.
- Your booking must be made with us directly – either over the phone or on our website booking page (Freetobook).
- Your dog must be over 12 months, well behaved and trained.
- Your dog must be fully up to date with their vaccinations and have had recent flea and tick control treatment.
- We can accommodate no more than two dogs in each room.
- We cannot accept any bitches that are in season.
- Dogs are not to be left unattended at any time, and we’d prefer them to stay off the soft furnishings.
- Any damages (chewing etc) must be paid for.
- We reserve the right to refuse your booking if the above conditions are not met.
We reserve the right to refuse your booking, without a refund or reimbursement, if the above terms and conditions are not met.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time for any reason.
Sandown Hotel is a trading name of Isle of Wight Hotels Ltd.
Registered in England: 01812172, VAT number: GB 411 351 308.
Isle of Wight Hotels (IWH) is a trading style of Isle of Wight Hotels Ltd and Sandringham Hotels (Isle of Wight) Limited.
Registered office: Sandringham Hotel, Esplanade, Sandown, Isle of Wight, PO36 8AH.